We will contribute to a better environment through efficient transport and logistics services.
When it comes to environmental efforts, everyone would like to meet ambitious goals that often exceed the requirements imposed on the different industries. Such ambitions may be more easily achieved in collaboration with PostNord.
It is our mission to play a part in meeting all of society's goods transportation needs while continually reducing our environmental impact. At PostNord, work is ongoing to systematically reduce energy consumption and emissions and conduct frequent measurements.
The Group's long-term goal involves reduction of carbon dioxide emissions by 40% by 2020, compared to 2009 levels. We will achieve this by optimising routes and load factors and investing in more fuel-efficient vehicles, increasing the proportion of electric vehicles and of biofuel in diesel as well as by purchasing CO2 quotas.
Summary of your environmental impact
We make precise information on environmental impacts accessible to our customers via a calculator that displays your environmental accounts.
Your environmental accounts show emissions according to:
- the weight of the shipment and other cargo transported together with the shipment,
- the type of vehicle used to transport the shipment (max payload and EU standard), and
- the route driven from postcode to postcode and associated topography.
With the calculator, you can simulate alternatives to see the effect on emissions when the collection frequency is reduced/increased and the mode of transportation changed. You can also predict the emissions for a shipment taking a new route.
How we're taking responsibility
- Electric cars comprise 27% of our vehicle fleet
- Emissions are down 16.6% since 2009
- Increased goods transport by rail
- Increasing use of renewable energy
- Reducing energy consumption during transport and on premises
- Supporting new environmental technologies that produce more efficient logistics
- Close collaboration on sustainable growth in our sector
- Fill vehicles to capacity and optimise drivers' route networks
- Safe and environmentally friendly driving style
PostNord is certified to ISO 14001:
Certification: NS-EN ISO 14001:2004